Alatrust Credit Union
- 1810 Merchants Dr Hoover, AL 35244-1005
- Locations – 6
AlaTrust Credit Union began helping educators and their families with their financial needs in 1935. What began as Birmingham Credit Union in 1935 to serve the employees of the Birmingham Board of Education, later changed to First Educators Credit Union in 1994 to represent its service to educators and their families throughout the state of Alabama. After serving the education industry for over 70 years, the credit union expanded their field of membership to include Shelby, Jefferson, Talladega, Walker, and Calhoun County. Now anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in those counties are eligible for membership. To reflect this expanded service, the credit union name was changed to AlaTrust Credit Union in March of 2014.